Friday, June 27, 2008

What a wonderful week!


Our sweet girls are a week old. It seems unreal that just a week ago they were still in my belly kicking and hiccuping and now I can see them and hold them. I love it! So far things are going pretty smooth. They are sleeping better than I could have expected at night. They go to bed around 10pm, wake at around 2am or 3am to eat, and then wake again around 6am. I couldn't ask for any better. After our experience with Carter during the last 3 years this has been a breeze. Let's just hope it stays that way :)

Olivia is nursing great while Emma has had a little trouble, we are slowly resolving that and she's been doing much better the past few days. Olivia has almost regained her birth weight which usually takes up to two weeks. She's our little piggy. Emma lost quite a bit but has regained about 5 ozs that she lost so we're headed in the right direction.

Shaye is loving having two sweet baby girls and is such an enormous help. She is truly extraordinary in so many ways. I couldn't do it without her. Carter is, well, handling things as expected. He's like a bull in a china shop. Most of the time he comes charging at you and doesn't even see that you have a baby in your arms, so we have to be careful. He was holding one of the girls and gave her a squeeze and said "Does it turn on?" I guess he thought she was a toy.

My mom has been staying with us this week and will be back after the weekend to help more. She's been "loving" on Carter for us and making sure he sleeps good. She's been such a big help and has made things alot easier on us during this adjustment time.

We've had tons of wonderful people from our church, family and friends that have brought food for us. What a huge help that has been. Not to have to worry about what to feed everyone. I could get use to this! :)


3 comments:

The McKennas said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! We are so excited for you guys. We are praying for you and the 4 beautiful blessings you now have to enjoy! Miss you!

Larissa said...

The twins are so cute! You have such a Beautiful family! I am so happy for you guys.

Debbie365 said...

What beautiful little babies! Allen and I are so thrilled for you and Ryan. And I heard you did it 'au naturale'! You are definitely MY HERO! You da woman!